Vice President of Membership Sales & Service
YMCA of Greater Moncton
Moncton, New Brunswick
Salary Range: $41,500-$55,000 Placement Date: Mid December 2014
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA of Greater Moncton responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, to each other and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living. The YMCA works collectively with community partners that share the YMCA's determination in strengthening the foundations of community for all people.
The YMCA of Greater Moncton currently serves over 5 500 members on a daily basis as well as over 15 000 people on an annual basis through its various community initiatives.
This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values of: Responsibility, Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Fun as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults. All offers of employment will be subject to the provision that the successful incumbent provides the YMCA of Greater Moncton with a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Membership Sales and Service is responsible for daily operations of the Membership and Sales Departments. The VP of Membership Sales and Service ensures the sound management of all membership sales, retention, budgets, centre promotion, selected local philanthropy, centre marketing and special events.
The VP of Membership Sales and Service is responsible for bringing service excellence to the YMCA by using the standards of the External YMCA Evaluation (EYE) and YMCA Priority: Serving All Members (SAM) programs. This is a senior management position with budget and human resource implications
- Responsible for the key operating area of Membership Sales and Service.
- Develop and manage annual Membership budgets.
- Implement YMCA Canada and Centre strategies with a major focus on membership growth, retention and program quality (SAM Standards).
- Provide leadership to the staff team.
- Develop and implement strategies that stimulate member growth and retention.
- Maintain, foster and create positive community relationships.
- Plan, organize and implement member events
- Develop and implement an annual marketing, communication and positioning plan.
- Responsible for web site, all CLASS applications and all print, internet, radio and television materials for both the YMCA and the YMCA Foundation.
- Achieve annual giving objectives while developing new philanthropic
- University degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, Public Relations or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and French)
- Previous experience in customer service; flexible and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office and email/internet applications
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of an appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Leadership: Able to develop and direct performance of others and self to achieve desired results and the capacity to handle the challenges team development may present.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and self-development.
Relationship Building: Works proactively to develop positive relations with participants, peers and volunteers.
Multitasking: Ability to handle the demands of many competing, priorities with a balance of calm and energy
If you are interested in this position please submit your letter of application and resume by November 17th, 2014 to:
VP, Administration, Human Resources and IT
YMCA of Greater Moncton
30 War Veterans Ave
Moncton, NB E1C 0B3
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.